This policy sets out how we handle your personal information, including the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, as well as how you can access and change your information, provide us with feedback or make a complaint.
MoneyEstate is a website that contains information about properties available for rent or sale or lease. Real Estate Agents, Developers or vendors can upload details of available properties and users of the website can access this information and make enquiries about the property and any related services they may need to secure that property.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information:
• Contact information such as your name, email and telephone number
• Business information such as a real estate agent’s licence number
• Communications you have with us or third parties through our website
• Services provided to you, such as saved listings and searches and email alerts
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information directly from you unless it’s unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Some ways we collect personal information include:
• When you access our website or apps including when you sign up to become a member of MoneyEstate
• When you call us to make an enquiry
• When you make an enquiry to an advertised property
• When a real estate agent signs up for our advertising service
• We may also collect personal information from customers sent by a third party at the customer’s request, for example, a real estate agent may provide your details to us after you’ve made an enquiry to them.
In some cases we may collect your personal information through ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years, or longer in some cases).
These cookies will record things when you visit our website such as your IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
You may adjust your internet browser settings to disable cookies.
Click Stream Data
When you visit and browse our website, our website host will collect information such as the number of users visiting the website or a property listing and the number of pages viewed, the date, time and duration of a visit, your physical location or the path taken through this website.
This information will not be used to identify you. It is used for statistical, marketing, reporting and maintenance purposes including to administer and improve the performance of this website and to provide de-identified generic data to people who have listed their property on this website.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the personal information we collect to:
• Communicate with you by mail, phone, text message or email
• Personalise and customise your experience with the website.
• Improve and promote our services to you.
• Research the needs of users in order to market products and services with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of users generally
What happens if you do not provide your personal information to us?
If you choose not to provide your personal information to us we may not be able to provide you with:
• our products and services
• information about other products and services that may be relevant or of interest to you, or
• a personalised experience of our website or app.
How do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• Other users if you become a customer of our website and advertise a property. The information available will include your name, the address of the property listed by you for sale, property photo (if provided by you), your email address and your telephone number (if provided by you).
• Third parties to enable functionality of the website or any of its services, for example to a vendor or their agent if you submit a query regarding a property.
• To third parties for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing materials regarding property related services.
• External service providers to ensure the safe and efficient operation of our website and App including, but not limited to payment processors, IT system providers and web hosting providers.
• Third parties who assist us to provide services including marketing and market research providers, security advisers and professional advisers.
• To government or regulatory authorities or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing materials that we may think are of interest to you. We will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes unless you have provided express consent or your consent can reasonably be implied from the circumstances in which we collected the information.
If you receive marketing material we will ensure you can ‘opt-out’ of receiving any further materials. Alternatively, you can contact us at any time using the details below to ‘opt-out’.
Accessing and updating your information
You may request access to any information we hold about you. However, by law we may refuse to allow you access to information in certain circumstances. If we refuse to allow you access to your personal information held by us, we will explain why.
You can update your contact and profile information at any time by logging into your account if you have one, or by contacting our Privacy Officer on the details below.
Storage and security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely whether it is held physically or electronically
Contacting us or accessing your information
If you want to access your personal information held by us, request a correction be made to your personal information or make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer in one of the following ways:
by email: mail@MoneyEstate.com.ng